- Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure Official Soundtrack Download
- Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure Official Soundtrack Torrent
- Gibbous A Cthulhu Adventure Soundtrack
|Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure|
|Developer(s)||Stuck In Attic|
|Publisher(s)||Stuck In Attic|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release||August 7, 2019|
|Genre(s)||Point-and-click adventure game|
Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure is a point-and-click adventure game developed and published by Romanian developer Stuck In Attic for Windows, macOS and Linux. It was released on August 7, 2019 on Steam and GOG.
Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure (PC, Mac, Linux) is a comedy point 'n click love letter to classic-era Lucas adventures, HP Lovecraft, Hitchcock and many, many others. A lighthearted spoof of the. Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure Prologue. 1 Miskatonic Library; 2 Buzz's Dorm; 3 Lemon's Room; Miskatonic Library. You'll begin the game as Don R. Ketype right outside the Miskatonic. GAME INFO Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure is an adventure game by Stuck in Attic released in 2019 for Linux, Mac, PC and Switch. It has a Stylized art style, presented in 2D or 2.5D and is played in a Third-Person perspective.
The player takes control of one out of three protagonists in each of the seven chapters. In order to advance, the player has to pick up items and talk to other characters to solve puzzles. When playing as Buzz Kerwan, the player can use his cat Kitteh to solve certain puzzles or ask her for advice which works as an in-game hint system. When playing as Don R. Ketype, the player can find hints in his diary. Some key scenes in the game are presented as animated cutscenes that can be watched again from the main menu. The player can also highlight all hotspots in each scene or zoom by pressing a button.
Detective Don R. Ketype is hired to find and bring back the Necronomicon that is supposed to be located in the Miskatonic Library in Darkham. However, things don't go according to plan. Don gets kidnapped by a strange cult and the librarian, Buzz Kerwan, stumbles upon the evil tome himself. After he accidentally makes his cat Kitteh talk by speaking a spell from the book, he sets out to reverse the effect. In the course of the game, the three protagonists work together and travel to different places to solve the mysteries involving the Necronomicon and the different cults.
- Buzz Kerwan (voiced by Liviu Boar)
- He is a librarian working at the Miskatonic Library in Darkham. He is kind of goofy and an average guy who stumbles upon the Necronomicon, and gets dragged into a cosmic plot.
- Don R. Ketype (voiced by Don Thacker)
- He is a detective who has been hired to find the Necronomicon. When he meets Buzz, he gets dragged into a world of cults and cosmic plots.
- Kitteh (voiced by Lindsay Peck)
- She is Buzz's cat and now talks after he spoke a spell from the Necronomicon. She is very cynical and sarcastic, but helps Buzz nonetheless when he needs it.
- The Butcher (voiced by Doug Cockle)
- He is the antagonist of the game who is planning something evil in the town of Fishmouth.
- Barnabas Busara (voiced by Josef Gagnier)
- He is a mysterious man looking for Bob Olmstein.
- Peace Busara (voiced by Anairis Quinones)
- She is Barnabas's daughter.
- Bob Olmstein
- A mysterious being who might appear different to each person or who might not be recognized at all.
The game was developed by a small team consisting of three members from Târgu Mureș, Transylvania, Romania. In 2016, the game was funded through a Kickstarter campaign. The goal of 39.270 CHF was exceeded and a total sum of 53.862 CHF from nearly 2,000 backers was achieved. The game draws inspiration from the Cthulhu Mythos by American writer H. P. Lovecraft and was also inspired by 90s LucasArts games, while the art direction was inspired by Disney movies and Studio Ghibli works. It was translated into 12 languages that were available at launch, and features more than 70 English-speaking voice actors including Doug Cockle and Amber Lee Connors.
It was released on August 7, 2019 on Steam and GOG.
The Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure Original Soundtrack was created by Liviu Boar and Cami Cuibus. The soundtrack was recorded with live instruments, contains 27 tracks with 2 hours and 9 minutes of original music, and is available in MP3 and FLAC formats. A copy of the OST is included with the deluxe version of the game.
|1.||'Gibbous Main Theme'||3:49|
|5.||'Streets of Darkham'||6:59|
|6.||'The Ketype Shuffle'||2:39|
|10.||'The Fishmouth Waltz, part 1'||3:00|
|12.||'The Fishmouth Waltz, part 2'||4:43|
|13.||'Do the Dagon'||5:06|
|22.||'The Puppet Master'||4:25|
|23.||'Don After Dark'||5:28|
|25.||'The Butcher's Theme'||6:21|
|26.||'Gibbous Main Theme Reprise (Time to Rock 'n Roll)'||2:13|
|27.||'Rap Battle feat. Vlad Dobrescu (Bonus Track)'||3:36|
On Metacritic, a review aggregator, the PC version has a critics score of 74/100 based on 14 reviews, which the site categorizes as 'generally favorable reviews'.
Teodor Nechita from Softpedia gave 4 out of 5 stars and compared the atmosphere of the game to Tim Burton. In the review it said, 'All in all, Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure is a game that no self-proclaimed point-and -click fan should overlook, as it will definitely find a place in your gaming library, comedy movie collection, and finally, your heart.'
Joe Keeley from Adventure Gamers gave 3 out of 5 stars, praising the art design and animation, the sense of humor, the voice acting from two of the three main characters, and the puzzles, but critzising the convoluted story, the at times unnatural dialogue, the grating voice acting from the third main character and some side characters, and the unsatisfactory ending. He said, 'Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure looks amazing and will make you laugh, but its inability to tell a coherent story prevents this comedy cosmic horror adventure from fulfilling its abundant potential.'
- ^'Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure by Stuck in Attic'. Kickstarter. 2016-04-26. Retrieved 2019-08-09.
- ^'Q&A With Liviu Boar, Creative Director of 'Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure''. Indie Ranger. 2019-08-06. Retrieved 2019-08-09.
- ^'Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure for PC Review'. Metacritic. Retrieved 2019-08-09.
- ^Nechita, Teodor (2019-08-05). 'Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure Review (PC)'. Softpedia. Retrieved 2019-08-09.
- ^Keely, Joe (2019-08-07). 'Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure review'. Adventure Gamers. Retrieved 2019-08-09.
- Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure at MobyGames
We started our Kickstarter Campaign!
You can check our trailer here.
Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure is a comedy point 'n click love letter to classic-era Lucas adventures, HP Lovecraft, Hitchcock and many, many others. A lighthearted spoof of the Cthulhu Mythos, Gibbous will have you controlling 3 protagonists, dealing with strange cultists, ancient voodoo, and Dead Cthulhu himself. Well, 'dead' is just a matter of opinion..
Everything revolves around the dreaded Necronomicon and how it affects the protagonists' lives. Grizzled detective Don R. Ketype wants it because he always gets his man (or book); and easy going, easy living librarian Buzz Kerwan stumbles upon it and accidentally transforms his cat, Kitteh, into a talking abomination, thus setting on a quest to return her back to cathood.
- Classically-inspired point and click adventure game
- Dark yet humorous – think Lovecraft meets Day Of The Tentacle
- Frame-by-frame traditional animation
- Lovingly painted 2d backgrounds inspired by Transylvanian architecture and nature
- Exploration, character and story-driven experience
- Fully voiced
- Unique item combination responses for just about everything, up to six 'examine' responses
- Original soundtrack contains different musical themes for almost every screen
- Tentacles, eldritch things one should not speak of, and all kinds of insanity, both cute and evil
|Tags||cartoon, cats, Comedy, Lovecraftian Horror, lucas-arts, point-and-click-adventure|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, One button|
|Links||Kickstarter, Homepage, Twitter, Steam Greenlight|
Download and un-zip the game.
- OS: Windows XP SP2+, Mac OS X 10.8+, Ubuntu 12.04+
- Graphics card: DX9(shader model 2.0) capabilities, GDDR 512MB+, 900MHz+
- CPU: DualCore 2.2Ghz+
- HDD: At least 900MB of free space.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi! Percy jackson and the lightning thief. I am contacting creators/developers on behalf of a graduate researcher studying how Lovecraft is represented in games. If you have time to complete a 10-minute survey about Gibbous, please send a message to: masonsmith [at] tamu [dot] edu.
Really enjoyed playing this, can't wait for the full game.
I am definitely going to get the full game as soon as I can
I'm not able to download the game for Linux with the itch.io client even though the download for Linux on the website is there and I can get it through a web browser. When I click the download button in the itch.io client however, the 'install' field is empty, and when I click on it, the dropdown is just an empty blank bar. When I click install, it says there are no compatible uploads to choose from. Sounds like the versions might not be tagged correctly as being for the different platforms? Other game demos work just fine and show the 'install' box populated, like https://oxopotion.itch.io/flip-book for example.
Regardless, would love to see the full game here on itch.io too!
Are there any plans to bring the full version to Itch.io or just the demo ?
I would prefer to get the game here, instead of GOG or Steam.
Survive in russia.
itch.io is the best! Meets basically all of my wants: DRM-free, open source client that isn't required (unlike GOG's client, that also isn't available on Linux), and I assume there's a refund system although I haven't looked into how good it is in comparison to Steam/GOG.
That is the one thing I will give to Steam: the refund system is by far the easiest and quickest.
Really? Damn. Hope itch.io adopts a better one soon then!
For me anyway it isn't just the vagueness of their return policy but the effort it requires. On Steam I can simply click a button for a refund and the process is started. I don't have to explain anything or talk with anyone. For Itch.io you can request a refund but it requires explaining to someone why you need it. I do understand with stores with Itch it isn't as easy as Steam due to the games being DRM free. In theory with too easy of a refund policy one could buy the game, download the install files and then refund it while keeping the files. With Steam since you can't download the install files you can't do that as easily.
Did you get the Linux demo through a website or the itch.io client? For some reason the client method isn't working for me while it works fine for other games such as https://oxopotion.itch.io/flip-book Also yay for public sex!
Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure Official Soundtrack Download
Is suspect the demo downloads are simply not marked as executables for the respective OSes on the site, hence the itch client doesn't offer the installation option.
You might be right. I haven't tried comparing the web download link contents between this and other games to find out.
Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure Official Soundtrack Torrent
This was a great DEMO. We enjoyed it very much!
Can't wait for the full release. The voice acting was perfect!
Gibbous A Cthulhu Adventure Soundtrack
Her eis ashort video we made while playing: