If you play Space Haven and want to edit your savegame, this guide will show you how to edit your savefile in order to change skill, perk and cargo, let’s check it out.
A spaceship colony sim placing you in charge of a ragtag civilian crew in search of a new Earth, inspired by RimWorld. 9,484 members. Space Haven is a starship management game where you can where can design and build your own starship, which your crew will use to boldly go and get shot apart by space pirates. Your crew has wants and needs, and they have their own personalities and form relationships - just like Rimworld or The Sims. Space Haven would never be the game it is without all of us putting our own visions together, and leaving our own mark on it. You, our players, are part of it too. And I hope whatever we've managed to accomplish so far is an indication of that. We can't always fulfill every wish, but we are trying our best to make Space Haven the best it can be! Characters in Space Haven are the crew members on the player's spaceship. The player must keep each character in a good mood while they travel through space. Characters have needs, moods, health, and skills, and can develop relationships with each other.
Prerequisites for editing
There are many different programs to use to edit and XML file that is the format of our savegames in Space Haven. We can use the simple but messy Notepad.exe that comes with all Windows distros, or we might use my favourite, Notepad++!
Notepad++ is able to destinguish rows, columns and in some other formats able to highlight classes, to make editing a whole lot cleaner, safer and easier. (Link to download below)
But BY FAR the most favourite function is that you can list-search the whole document for your querries, as so:
Either use your favourite program or download Notepad++[notepad-plus-plus.org].
911 operator - search & rescue download pc. Home»Fixes»PC»911 Operator»911 Operator: Search & Rescue v20180726 All No-DVD SKiDROW Download 911.O.SNR.V20180726.ALL.SKIDROW. File information. I double dare you to fill this field! Serious Sam 4 Launch Trailer. The Medium Dual-Reality Trailer. Includes 13 items: 911 Operator, 911 Operator - Special Resources, 911 Operator - Every Life Matters, 911 Operator - Search & Rescue, Radio Commander, Counter Terrorist Agency, 112 Operator, 112 Operator Soundtrack, 112 Operator - CHARITY MASKS, 112 Operator - Facilities, Radio Commander: Squad Management, Car Trader Simulator, Transport INC. About This Game In 911 OPERATOR, you take on the role of an emergency dispatcher, who has to rapidly deal with the incoming reports.Your task is not just to pick up the calls, but also to react appropriately to the situation – sometimes giving first aid instructions is enough, at other times a police, fire department or paramedics’ intervention is a necessity.
Preparing our savegame for editing
Savegame is found in your steam library, Space Haven game folder.
- First you want to right-click on “Space Haven” in your Steam Library, and click on “Properties“.
Once you have the window below should open up.
Now click on “Local Files” tab, and then click on “Browse Local files“.
- Now you should arrive here. The root folder of Space Haven. Open up the “savegames” folder.
- And we have arrived to the mess that is our savegames. To choose the right one, we have some alternatives.
- Go into the game, and manually save our game (either to an existing save (New Haven-1 etc.) or create a new, manual save (RECOMENDED METHOD)).
- Look for the most recently edited Folder and then savegame file. (Risky if you don’t know what you’re doing.)
- So, now I have created a new, manual save in New Haven-1. Now we navigate to the folder (Note the time of last logged edit of the folder).
- And we look for the MANUAL SAVE folder, since the last save that occured was a manual one. It is called: save.
- FINALLY! We are here! The save file we are looking for is the “game” file! (The file I drew over will not be in this folder by default.)
BEFORE EDITING! Backing up savegame
Backing up your savegame:
- Ctrl-C or right click on the game file, and click copy. (In Norwegian “Kopier”)
- Ctrl-V or right click on an empty space in the folder, and click paste. (In Norwegian “Lim Inn”)
- This will create a “game – copy” file. Now rename the file by double-slow clicking on the name, and name it: game.old. (This will be our backup, incase something goes wrong)
- Make shure the name is saved as: “game.old“.
- PROFIT! Now we have a complete backup incase we edit something that we should not! If you did f*** up, jump to “HELP ME! My save is broken!” section.
Editing Ethics! (Introduction)
Some guidelines to follow whenever you open the game file.
- Beware where you click, and push buttons, as one letter is enough to brake the savegame or create glitches.
- Never edit a class/section you are not shure of, as this might either outright break your save or create artifacts as you play (could be glitches, empty systems, enemy ships not present etc.). To prevent this read the whole class from the top down, to understand what you are editing. The class ALLWAYS starts and ends as so: <*classname*></*classname*> and these are allways in the same row.
- Editing a class, in which you do not understand the purpose and function of, can break the save. BUT! you have to experiment to find new things to do, as i will not write every single edit you can do. What you can to do, is after editing everything you are shure of, test the save, make shure it’s all good, and just make a new game file backup. (F.ex.) “game.old.experiment1“. This way you can roll back the file to a previous stable edit, if somethig goes awry.
Eperimenting is the heart of all knowledge! 🙂
Start of the “c” class wich is the “charecter” class. Note the start is in row 4.
End of the “charecter” class. And the class also ends in row 4.
Editing skills of our crew
- The first step is to double-click on the game file (NOT the game.old) and choosing the program you wish to use. I will be using Notepad++. (MAKE SHURE YOU HAVE MADE A BACKUP BEFOREHAND!)
- Now we want to open up the search function. To do so, either Ctrl-F or find “search” tab from the top left menu, and click on “Find…“
- As we wish to edit crew skills, we simply search for “skills“! Make shure to click on “Find all in current document“. (Or skill as i apparently did in the immage here xD)
- Now we have a list of all the search has found in the file. So we see <skills> and </skills>. So we click on the first entry <skills>, and it will take us to the skills of one of our crewmembers.
- To check which crewmember we are editing, scroll up until you see <c cid=… in row 4, and look for name=…
- Now we can edit Mr. Rashid’s skills. We can either give him 3 in all or reffering to the Skill-ID list below define exactly which skill we wish to edit.
*Remember that we are only interested in editing the marked row.
**Skill lvl’s go from 0-3 (even though the “max” stated is 10, seems like it will be a learning system in the future).
***Note that skill 13 is unknown at the moment.Now Mister Rashid is superhuman, master of all.
Editing the attributes (Perks) of our crew.
Check the “Editing the Skills of our crew” to understand how to search!
- Search for attr
- Each <attr> followed by an </attr> in the search result is one of your crew-members attribute list. Ignore the rest.
- Input your desired values.
*Reffer to the Attribute-ID list (Perks) below to understand what each perk ID means.
**Perks go from 0-6
***To check which crewmember you are editing reffer to: “Editing the Skills of our crew”
Attribute-ID List (Perks)
Editing ship inventory(Cargo)
I have not yet been able to determine the class and formating for the ship inventory, so i would recomend using cheat engine as so:
- Start the game and load your save
- Start cheat engine, select Space Haven from the app-list.
- Use 4-byte value (preselected), and input the ammount of the item you wish to edit from a Storage of your choice. (NOTE! Not total!)
- Now click on “First Scan“
- Go back into the game and tell your crew to empty the resource you scanned for from the Storage of your choice’s “Rules” menu.
- Pause the game after a few recources have been emptied. (2-6 prefferably)
- Input the new value from the storage you are editing, and click on “Next Scan” in cheat engine.
- Continue the two previous steps until only 1 adress remains in the list with the exact same value as is in your Storage container.
- Double click on the remaining adress.
- Double click on the value from the list below
- Edit to whatever you wish for
Solution for save is broken!
I really hope you’ve made the backup, if not reffer to: “Save broke, no backup” section.
- Rename the broken “game” to “game.broke” or delete it.
- Rename the backup “game.old” to “game”
- BACKUP the BACKUP! Repeat the backing-up procedure before editing again from the Savegame Backup section of this guide.
That’s all we are sharing today in Space Haven How to Edit Save File (Crew skills/Crew Perks/Cargo), if there are anything you want to add please feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll see you soon.
Credit to ✟ $P00KY DA $CARY ✟
An introduction to the basics of Space Haven.
Guide to Basics
Here are some basics that might help you.
All of your building options are in the yellow box in the bottom right of the screen.
Adjust wall view
This will allow you to lower or raise the height of the wall. This can help when a wall is blocking your view, or if you prefer the walls hidden or at full height.
Toggle Roof View
This will allow you to see the roof of your station/ship.
Get used to accessing the view mode by either the R key or the button in the bottom right of the screen. This opens up the view mode, which allows you to see different views of your ship, including: O2, CO2, Comfort, etc.
After selecting this, you should see a small menu appear.
Simply select one of the ten options and it will show you that view.
Space Haven TrainerElectricity is essential for survival. Your electricity comes from the power generator.
You create a power grid by using one of the four power node items.
Linking these nodes is simple after you figure it out. You first select the node you wish to connect. You should see a green square near another node, or power generator.
All you do is select that green square and now you will see it become a red square. This is used to disconnect.
Remember to place nodes in areas where powered items are. The image below show a node providing power to the living quarters.
You may want to connect multiple nodes together to prevent power outages. If one node breaks everything down the line goes. It could save someones life (It appears floor nodes can have three connections).
Drafting is the first step to controlling your survivors. All you have to do is select a person and then select the draft option.
After this they are now controlled by you. You can make them walk by right clicking the tile you want them to go to.
You can attack items by right clicking a non-floor item/creature (Here you can see he would attack the thermal regulator).
Obtaining a weapon! You have to first draft a person, then right click a storage device and select the grab option.
After this you can see the contents of the storage device. Simply drag and drop into your inventory.
Space HavenSimple guide for the view modes.
Space Haven ReviewElectricity
Power availability is color coded. Green being high availability, and red being no power.
Temperature is important in space, where the base temp is absolute zero. Here we can see that the temperature can be anywhere from very hot to absolute zero. This station is currently in the green, with a temperature of 19 Celcius.
Here you can see that most of this station is very negative comfort, with my barracks having slightly better conditions. It appears that the toilet adds a negative score to the room. Lets move that and try to improve room comfort.
Now the comfort level is better in the barracks.
This has multiple view option in one area. O2 is essential for their survival. A high O2 is optimal with no O2 being in the void of space.
CO2 is for growing plant matterial, so a slightly higher CO2 level would be beneficial in a grow room. But higher CO2 can also be dangerous.
Smoke & Hazardous Gasses have ranges from safe to dangerous.
There are four menus for each character. Skills, Status, Conditions, and Inventory.
Skills tell you about the stats of a specific person. Things like occupation, skills, attributes..
Status menu is going to hold the real time needs/emotions of the person. Here we can see this person is feeling a little hungry and is experiencing major discomfort.
Conditions menu has the detailed buffs/debuffs of any status, as well as medical issues.
Inventory is simply the inventory of the person. Equipped items will be found here.
Recommended for You:
- All Space Haven Guides!
You May Also Like: