The following are links to resources recommended by people within the Down Syndrome community:
General information, advice, and support
- A book from Wouldn't Change a Thing For new parents of children with Down Syndrome, but many schools and organisations have requested a copy. We fund these for free for new parents, support groups and maternity units.
- Brestfeeding a baby with Down Syndrome – Free downloadable PDF
The following are links to resources recommended by people within the Down Syndrome community: General information, advice, and support A book from Wouldn't Change a Thing For new parents of children with Down Syndrome, but many schools and organisations have requested a copy. We fund these for free for new parents, support groups and maternity units. Brestfeeding a baby with Down Syndrome. Download Asperger Syndrome books, -The book integrates the latest evidence-based research from leading scholars with personal practical advice from a mother whose adolescent has Asperger Syndrome and from a young man who has Asperger Syndrome.Written by professionals, one of whom is also a parent of a child with Asperger's.
- I guess most people on here should be familiar with Irisu Syndrome by now. Can someone provide a link to download. Download for the original game can be found here. Irisu Syndrome English Patch: version 2. IRISU SYNDROME ENGLISH DOWNLOAD by Miller Name: Irisu Syndrome English: File size: 17 MB: Date added: June 13, 2013: Price.
- A book entitled A Comprehensive Overview of Irritable Bowel Syndrome written by Jakub Fichna, published by Academic Press which was released on 15 July 2020. Download A Comprehensive Overview of Irritable Bowel Syndrome Books now! Available in PDF, EPUB, Mobi Format.
- Blog by Mrs Bowman: - When Max was born
- DanceSyndrome An inclusive arts charity providing a range of opportunities for individuals and organisations to work with them through inspiring workshops, leadership training and performances. Regular session take place across the North West of England but they also perform at events across the UK. Twitter:@DanceSyndrome
- Downside up: A website with information covering a wide range of topics related to Down Syndrome from sleep strategies to changing public perceptions
- Down Syndrome and visual difficultiesIncludes advice to support
- Making Chromosomes count- a new magazine for the Down Syndrome community. You can visit the website to subscribe and receive your copy of Down Syndrome Community News and please get in touch with them if you would like to feature in future newsletters.
- Positive about Down Syndrome: Whether you are a new or expectant parent, a professional interested to know about Down syndrome or a member of the public – everyone is welcome!
- Regional Down's Syndrome Groups in the UK
- Stepping stones: A collection of stories detailing the challenges, opportunities, tears and joy of raising a child with Down Syndrome
- The Politics of Down Syndrome, Book - 'Are we a more accepting society than ever before? Is there no longer a them and us division between the disabled and everybody else?'
- World Down Syndrome congress- 'We are committed to organising the World Down Syndrome Congress in different locations around the world every 2 years. The WDSC is an unmatched opportunity for people with Down syndrome, families, advocates, professionals and researchers to meet, share knowledge, insight and experience with others from different countries and environments around the world. Those who attend once rarely miss it again!
- Down Syndrome Ireland:Information, help and advice for parents and families of primary-school children
- Going To School a book created by the Cornwall Down Syndrome Support Group. This is an inclusive book for preschool/reception year children that features pictures of the school day and includes images of children with Down Syndrome going about their school day alongside their typical peers. Read the ChatterPack review of the book hereThis 27 page Makaton download accompanies the book and includes all the signs and symbols to support communication around the school day plus visual timetable, etc
- Picturepath: A digital visual timeline for children with additional needs. Picturepath's visual timeline can be interactively edited and shared between homes and schools
- Special iAppshave been creating affordable educational apps since 2011 for the Down Syndrome, ASD and SEND communities: Read a review of Special iApps here, by Sarah Sutton
- Ups and downs:Provide a vast selection of free downloadable information and other resources: New parents, EYFS, Primary, secondary and transition to adulthood
Bad north: jotunn edition deluxe edition upgrade download free. Speech, language, communication and literacy skills
- Cartersyard phonics: Carter’s Yard Phonics Flashcards are a set of 64, interactive ‘talking’ flashcards that are used in classrooms throughout the UK. The fun, engaging, multi-sensory cards are the perfect phonics accessory for home and school. Discount code to use at checkout: 2VC3HY9H
- Clicker sentences– Add to Google free
- Colourful semantics – FREE download:
- Dsei See and Learn and Reading and Language Intervention - Shop
- Hairy letters/phonics– Free app trial
- Shape coding – Introduction to Shape Coding by its creator, Susan Ebbels
Teaching number skills and concepts: Girls like robots.
- Numicon– Free information, support, and activities:
- This paper discusses the use of Numicon number teaching materials with children with Down syndrome. The theory underlying the design of the materials is discussed, the teaching approach and methodology are described and evidence supporting effectiveness is outlined
Training and consultancy services
Paranormal Syndrome Download
- Down Syndrome Education (DSE): Work to improve early intervention and education for children with Down syndrome around the world.
- Down Syndrome Training & Support Service Ltd: A registered charity and centre of training excellence for parents and carers of children with Down syndrome.
- Online training:Effective education for children with Down Syndrome
- Symbol connect:Down Syndrome Speech and language therapy – training
Irisu Syndrome Download
- LETS Go!provides specialist consultancy services for children with Down syndrome. We offer Down syndrome specific training, information, support and services for families, education providers, professionals, and organisations.